Are you planning to upgrade your home with all modern amenities and luxury? One best option would be to install the sauna or steam shower. In this article we will explain you the exact differences between the two and the things you need to consider for installation. With either of the facility at your home you will be enhancing your health.
Apart from the gym, you can build your own sauna or steam shower room, which will help you in maintaining good health. Addition of either of the facility would really advance your bath room environment. Mentioned below are some important data that you ought to know, as it will help you in having your own sauna or steam shower units.
Let us give you brief about the differences between sauna and steam shower:
- Sauna works at a higher temperature range of 1060 to 2000 F with very less humidity of between 10% and 20%.
- In steam shower is generally maintained at a temperature range of 1050 to 1150 F and 100% humidity.
- In sauna, the heater will be placed inside the room. Generally, it uses traditional stove which has rocks.
- In steam shower, the steam generator would be placed outside the room. The steam will be fed from the generator into the room in the form of rejuvenating mist which will heal you.
When we look at the construction and materials used, you need to pay extra attention towards that. Since the facility requires special room construction and also uses temperatures higher than the atmosphere, it should be robust and airtight. Following are the construction patterns for both types.
Sauna – generally, the room will be of wooden construction and will be insulated to trap the heat generated within the room. Stones will be placed under the heater that generates heat. With this heat rises within the room, you can sit on the bench within the room to get benefits of heat transfer.
Steam shower – in this case, the room will be glass and ceramic tiles. Since the room will contain high moisture intentionally produced from a generator, the ceilings will be in slanted position. This is done to collect the condensation at one place. Otherwise, it would start dropping directly over you or all around the room.
There are lots of health benefits seen with the quadrant shower cabin. We have even consulted lots of spas and users to list down the health benefits for you. Both the facilities will give you equal amount of health related benefits. Some of them are listed below:
- Both of them are proven to relieve you from the pain as heat will penetrate deep into your body.
- You will get a soothing affect especially after heavy exercises or any sort of muscle exertion.
- With the regular exposure to heat and steam your body will get better power to repair the muscles.
- Some of the health related ailments like asthma, bronchitis, allergy or some of the cold sufferings can be healed.
- Lastly, constant sweating allows your body to clean out the pores.